Sunday, April 1, 2007

PRAISE


I walked slowly down the concrete sidewalk. Oh the night air - it is so cold. I cross my arms in front of me trying to keep in the warmth. Hunched over slightly as I walk, my cold back grows ever more stiff. Cars whiz by me to my left, nothing between the sidewalk and the road and brick buildings to my other side pressing me ever closer to the road. Yet still, I feel an eerie silence. I look down. The street light above casts a cool bluish light. It draws a harsh shadow on the concrete in front of me. Barred windows trim off the buildings. Passersby walk along with firm faces looking so gazingly forward down at the path in front of them that they almost loose a sense of life. But I lift my head. I look at their faces; what I can see of them…

I take in the air and let out a deep, slow breath that seems to ride upon it, fading but never ending. So damp here. So cold. Potholed streets. Littered alleys. Glowing, yet lifeless signs hanging above struggling businesses with locked doors. Then I breathe in again – drawing in the souls of those walking by me with heads down. Oh how I see them. How wonderful. How drawn in your image, Lord. But so many, how so lost. Let me breathe out again, but this time let your love ride on the warmth of the air. Let your life light the streets. Let your image clean the litter. Let your spirit lift laden heads. Use me for your purpose. Use me to bring your word of life - to them.

I am a shameful man. A sinner beyond reproach. And you have saved me. You have filled me with a love soooooo amazingly strong. Rays of love break through my soul and body like pins, exploding beams of light, dancing out from within me. My head leans back, my arms down yet in my mind outstretched as wide in praise. I close my eyes. A love so strong I grow ever more weary, literally my body aches from joy. I return it all to you. Give it to others too. Let me share it with others. Let me scour the world for them. I have something to share. I have found a path in my life. It comes through Jesus Christ. I have found purpose and joy beyond earthly justification. It is in the Holy Spirit. Lord use me! Give Me Words! Fill My Spirit! Let me do your will! Let me pour out your love! Lord, I come to you now. Turn my ways and guide me. Give me direction. Let me turn my life to you. Oh Lord, I LOVE you with all my heart. I LOVE you. Use me now! Use me for your will!

No comments: